Our Winter Farm Share
The Fresh Fork Market Winter Farm Share provides our members with local, sustainably-grown foods all winter long. Similar to our Summer Share, the Winter Bags arrive in refrigerated trucks all over town and are filled with meats, vegetables, ciders, fruits and much more. There are a few key differences between the Winter Share and the Summer Share, though, so please read below for the details.
- Click below to view or download the full calendar of the Winter Share.
- The Winter Farm Share is 15 weeks long, and runs from Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 to Saturday, May 5th, 2018.
- Pick ups are every week for the first three weeks, and then every other week. The first “off-week” is the week of Thanksgiving.
- This year Christmas falls on a Monday, so we have decided to run weeks 5 & 6 back-to-back. Week 5 will be December 13th-16th as normally scheduled, and then instead of skipping a week we will go straight into Week 6, December 20th-23rd.
- We will then have two “off-weeks” in a row: no pick ups December 27th-30th and January 3rd-6th. Week 7 will pick up as normal, January 10th-13th.
- There is a complete schedule of all your stop’s pick up dates on each page, click here to find yours.
- One size only in Winter, and either Omnivore or Vegetarian. We only offer a limited number of vegetarian shares because of the difficulty of finding substantial vegetarian options during the coldest part of the Winter in NE Ohio.
- This bag is larger than our Summer Small Share Bag, and a typical week might look like this:
- 1 Pork Shoulder Roast, Approx 3#, 1 pint BBQ Sauce, 1 pint Frozen Sweet Corn, 1 pint Frozen Blackberries, 1 pint Frozen Strawberries, 1 Candy Onion, 1 quarter peck Gala Apples, 1 doz. Eggs, 3# Kennebec Potatoes, 1 pint Fresh Tomato Salsa, 1 bag Corn Chips
- Here are last Winter’s Bags.
- The full season starts at $675. This works out to about $45/bag, but with every other week delivery, it’s an average cost of $22.50 per week.
- In the winter, we only have two payment options: Full Upfront or Payment Plan, which is two installments ($357.50 due in October, and $357.50 in January.)
- We also have a Full-Access plan in Winter– for an additional $25/share week ($375 total), you’ll receive $30/ share week of credit to purchasing extras. Just like in Summer, the entire value ($450 in credits) is made available in your account the first week of Winter and you can use it at any point throughout the season. All credits expire at the end of the share.
- The one-time $25 member fee due for new members.
- Current or previous accounts must be paid in full ($0.00 balance) in order to sign up for a new subscription.
- Please check out our Pricing Page for more information.
PICK UP LOCATIONS
- We have fewer pick-up locations in Winter, but we still have more than a dozen stops all over town. Check out last year’s Winter Pick Up Locations page to find the one closest to you.
- Each customer can have up to 4 weeks vacation from the program. Click here to read more.
- Let us know when you sign up that you need to avoid certain foods, and we’ll accommodate your needs as best we can by offering a substitution at the truck.
- You’ll also get an email each week with what will be in the share, so be sure to check it out online and touch base with your greeter when you pick up.
- For whatever reason, at whatever time, if our subscription doesn’t work for you, we’ll refund the remainder of your subscription– all we need is one week’s notice.
- Registration for the Winter Share 2017/18 is open now!
- Your membership fee ($25) or payment of any outstanding balance from a previous season is all that’s needed to hold your spot until your first payment is due in October.