This is the share for Meat Lovers. The carnivore bag features grass-fed beef, pasture-raised poultry and pork, and pantry items like milk, eggs, and stock. The carnivore bag is delivered every-other-week (schedule listed below by location). See below for examples of items you may find in your bags from week to week.
The Summer 2020 Carnivore Share is SOLD OUT.
What do you get?
It's best to view this package as purchasing a whole portion of freezer meat vs the number of items you'll receive each week. Here's what you will receive in total over the course of 11 different bags.
- 1/8 of a steer, approx. 40#
- ¼ of a hog, approx. 40#
- The equivalent of 7 chickens, approx. 25#
- 1 duck, approx. 6#
- A Pantry Item each week – stock/bone broth, lard, milk, eggs, etc.
- Upfront: $675, which works out to $61.36 per share bag.
- Weekly Payment Plan: $32.50 per week ($715 total.)
Example Share: 1 doz eggs, 1 package chicken breast, 1 sirloin roast, 2 porterhouse steaks, and 1 lb of bacon.
What will you get week to week?
Each bag will include at least one item from five different categories -- Beef, Pork, Processed (typically a sausage), Poultry and Pantry. Every bag will receive pork each week. The pantry category includes items like stock, lard, eggs, or milk. Some weeks are more valuable than others, such as when you get 2 Ribeye steaks. By the end of the season, you will have received the amount of meat listed above.
Because it is logistically impossible to give all customers steaks or roasts at the same time (due to the total quantity of animals needed per item), customers will be divided into groups and each group will receive a different set of bag contents each week. This means your friend who picks up at the same location as you may receive different items on a given week, but don't worry, by the end of the season, everyone will have received the same number of items in total.
There are no substitutions or exchanges available for this package.
PICKUP LOCATIONS AND DELIVERY SCHEDULE
11 WEEKS TOTAL
(see schedule below based on pick-up location)
ODD WEEKS: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21
Akron, Beachwood, Bratenahl, Chagrin Falls, Cleveland Heights, Copley, Hudson, Mayfield, Mentor, Shaker Heights, Solon
EVEN WEEKS: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22
Avon, Brecksville, Lakewood, Middleburg Heights, North Olmsted, Ohio City Provisions, Strongsville, Tremont, Westlake
GROUPS AND PICKUP SCHEDULE
The Summer Carnivore Share will be an every-other-week pickup, June 3rd thru Oct 31st. There will be a total of 11 pickups per subscriber. Subscribers will be divided into groups, randomly assigned. Check in your last name to see which group you're assigned to. Ex. Smith-BW--A is for pickup in Beachwood, group A. Each group will get different products each week; however, all groups will get the same sum of products across the season. See a sample week below.
- No Substitutions. Due to the way we need to organize this bag ahead of time, we cannot offer substitutions. There will be pork in each bag.
- Vacations You can take up to 2 weeks off the share. Vacation credits will be available to spend after you return from your vacation.
- Consistent Pick Up Location. You need to pick up your share at your Primary Pick Up Location.
- No Refunds. By signing up for this share, you are committing to being a member for the entire length of the season. All Carnivore Share subscriptions are non-refundable. Again, think of this as a custom cut hog and beef spread out over the summer.