This is the share for Meat Lovers. The carnivore bag features grass-fed beef, pasture-raised poultry and pork, and pantry items like milk, eggs, and stock. The carnivore bag is delivered every-other-week – East side one week, West side the next. See below for examples of items you may find in your bags from week to week.
What do you get?
Over the course of 11 weeks each subscriber will receive:
- 1/8 of a steer, approx. 40#
- ¼ of a hog, approx. 40#
- The equivalent of 7 chickens, approx. 25#
- 1 duck, approx. 6#
- A Pantry Item each week – stock/bone broth, cooking fat, milk, eggs, etc.
- Upfront: $675, which works out to $61.36 per share bag.
- Weekly Payment Plan: $32.50 per week ($715 total.)
Example Share: 1 doz eggs, 1 package chicken breast, 1 sirloin roast, 2 porterhouse steaks, and 1 lb of bacon.
What will you get week to week?
Each bag will include 5 items per week. The items are organized by categories: Beef, Pork/Misc, Processed (typically a sausage), Poultry and Pantry. Every bag will receive pork each week. The pantry category includes items like stock, lard, eggs, or milk. Some weeks are more valuable than others, such as when you get 2 Ribeye steaks. Because it is logistically impossible to give all customers steaks or roasts at the same time (due to the total quantity of animals needed per item), customers will be divided into groups and each group will receive a different set of bag contents each week. This means your friend who picks up at the same location as you may receive different items on a given week, but don't worry, by the end of the season, everyone will have received the same number of items in total. Keep scrolling to see examples of items you will find in your share.
GROUPS AND PICKUP SCHEDULE
The Summer Carnivore Share will be an every-other-week pickup, June 3rd thru Oct 31st. There will be a total of 11 pickups per subscriber. Subscribers will be divided into 5 groups, randomly assigned. Each group will get different products each week; however, all groups will get the same sum of products across the season. See a sample week below.
PICKUP LOCATIONS AND DELIVERY SCHEDULE
Each week, a special carnivore route will run on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Carnivore bags will only be available at these locations. West Side pickup locations will correspond to Fresh Fork Summer Weeks 1, 3, 5, etc (odd numbers). East Side pickup locations will correspond to Fresh Fork Summer Weeks 2, 4, 6, etc (even numbers). Carnivore bags will only be available at these routes.If you have a conflict, you must email email@example.com to reroute your corresponding bag to a different carnivore location. No vacation credits will be issued for missed weeks.
- No Substitutions. Due to the way we need to organize this bag ahead of time, we cannot offer substitutions. There will be pork in each bag.
- Vacations work differently. You can take up to four weeks off the share just like our regular Summer Share subscriptions, however when you get back, you'll get the bag you missed rather than Vacation Credits to spend online.
- Consistent Pick Up Location. You need to pick up your share at your Primary Pick Up Location. If you must pick up at a different location, please call or email us by Tuesday at midnight of the share week so we can re-route your share to another carnivore pickup location.
- No Bag Switching. The Omnivore, Vegan, and Vegetarian Winter Share Members can occasionally grab the another bag if they prefer over the course of the share. However, the Carnivores can only get the Carnivore bag, and the Omnivores, Vegans, and Vegetarians cannot occasionally get the Carnivore bag.
- No Refunds. By signing up for this share, you are committing to being a member for the entire length of the season. All Carnivore Share subscriptions are non-refundable. Again, think of this as a custom cut hog and beef spread out over the summer.