This is the share for Meat Lovers. The carnivore bag features grass-fed beef, pasture-raised poultry and pork, and pantry items like milk, eggs, and stock. See below for examples of items you may find in your bags from week to week.
Each subscriber will receive:
- 1/8 of a steer, approx. 40#
- ¼ of a hog, approx. 40#
- The equivalent of 7 chickens, approx. 25#
- The equivalent of 1 turkey, approx. 8# boneless meat
- 1 duck, approx. 6#
- 3 dozen eggs, 3 half gallon milk, 3 pt lard, and 3 quarts animal stock.
- Upfront: $675, which works out to $45 per share bag.
- Weekly Payment Plan: $47.67/ week, ($715 total.)
Example Share: 1 lb Bacon, 1 package beef short ribs, 1 package chicken breast, 1 quart chicken stock, 1 pork tenderloin.
DATES & PICK UP LOCATIONS
Just like our regular Winter Shares, this share runs from November 6th through May 9th, with 15 Share Pick Ups. Basically, we run every week for the first three weeks of November, skip the week of Thanksgiving and then Winter Week 4 runs December 4th-7th. We'll proceed every other week for the remaining months of the share.
When you sign up, you'll pick your stop, pick a payment option (Upfront or Weekly Payment Option), and make your first payment. You can place Special Orders and buy extras at the stop just like our regular Winter Shares.
What will you get week to week?
Each bag will include 5 items per week. The items are organized by categories: Beef, Pork/Misc, Processed (typically a sausage), Poultry and Pantry. Every bag will receive pork each week. The pantry category includes items like stock, lard, eggs, or milk. Some weeks are more valuable than others, such as when you get 2 ribeye steaks. Because it is logistically impossible to give all customers steaks or roasts at the same time (due to the total quantity of animals needed per item), customers will be divided into groups and each group will receive a different set of bag contents each week. This means your friend who picks up at the same location as you may receive different items on a given week, but don't worry, by the end of the season, everyone will have received the same number of items in total.
Bag Contents Summary
Below are examples of items you may find in your share.
- No Substitutions. Due to the way we need to organize this bag ahead of time, we cannot offer substitutions. There will be pork in each bag.
- Vacations work differently. You can take up to four weeks off the share just like our regular Winter Share subscriptions, however when you get back, you'll get the bag you missed rather than Vacation Credits to spend online.
- Consistent Pick Up Location. You need to pick up your share at your Primary Pick Up Location. If you must pick up at a different location, please call or email us by Tuesday at midnight of the share week so we can re-route your share.
- No Bag Switching. The Omnivore and Vegetarian Winter Share Members can occasionally grab the other bag if they prefer over the course of the share. However, the Carnivores can only get the Carnivore bag, and the Omnivores and Vegetarians cannot occasionally get the Carnivore bag.
- No Refunds. By signing up for this share, you are committing to being a member for the entire length of the season. All Carnivore Share subscriptions are non-refundable. Again, think of this as a custom cut hog and beef spread out over the winter.