When the sweet corn comes in, it comes in heavy! If you want to preserve your kernels for later use, follow these simple steps:
- Remove the husks from the corn and take away the silk.
- Set out a large, flat plastic container or line a cutting board with plastic wrap to catch the “milk” from the kernels.
- Remove the kernels using a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- Flip the knife over and use the back to remove the milk (Stacy, flavorful liquid.)
- Freeze the corn in small, labeled freezer-safe bags or containers.