Thanks to Josh A. who brought this to the 2015 Customer Appreciation BBQ
- 6 Medium-sized beets, peeled & roasted (~45 minutes @ 375)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup sunflower or olive oil
- 6 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz soft, crumbled chèvre
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
Prepare dressing: whisk together shallots, oil, vinegar, honey and salt + pepper to taste.
Quarter beets and toss in enough dressing to coat
Re-roast beets @450 for about 12 minutes, or until slightly caramelized; set aside and cool.
Toss arugula in enough dressing to coast, then top with beets, chèvre, walnuts and avocado.